Good morning, and welcome to a new week!
Here are a few links I found notable recently.
- Tim Bray's roadmap of potential career paths for a programmer.
- Julia Evans on hiring developers based on opportunity.
- Fintan Ryan describes what it means to be a Distinguished Engineer (and why that might be more desirable than being a “10X Engineer”).
- Christopher Lupprich's list of 5 habits that made him a better Ruby developer.
- Dan McKinley on why the “rollback” button is a lie.
Do you use RSpec to test your Ruby/Rails code? This past week I published a pair of free episodes from the RubyTapas archives on writing expressive tests by mastering the RSpec matcher syntax.
That's all for today. Have a great week!