Good morning, and happy Sunday! And for anyone in Florida or the Caribbean today: I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe 🙁
I know I said this week I'd post some answers to the “ask me anything” questions you sent in last week. I had expected to get a handful of replies; instead I received over 50 of them!
I'm still going through the questions. In the meantime, I thought today I'd post links from some research I've been doing. Here are five posts from different programmers over the years, all about the idea of “code as a liability”:
- Tim Ottinger: Code is a Liability
- Eric Lee: Source Code is a Liability, Not An Asset
- Chris Parsons: Your code is a liability
- Rich Skrenta: Code is our enemy
- Jeff Atwood: The Best Code is No Code At All
Today's title photo is a stock image, but the next title photo (with attribution and a link) could be yours!
Meanwhile, here's what I've been up to…
- Have you ever had a need to fill a prototype app with fake but realistic data? On RubyTapas, I posted an introduction to a tool that makes this easy.
Thanks for joining me for BRUNCH. See you next week!