Good morning, and happy Sunday! Here are some things I found interesting in the past week.
- READ: Read Eric Normand on why the the big ideas behind Lisp were groundbreaking, influential, and still highly relevant.
- WATCH: Greg Young on The Art of Destroying Software.
- ENJOY: A surprisingly engaging (given the subject matter) exposition of condition variables, by Tom Van Eyck.
- READ: David Bryant Copeland on why developers are unproductive.
- CONSIDER: Some ways to more concretely measure (and increase) your impact as an engineer.
(Today's title photo is by TODO, who TODO. The next title photo could be yours!)
Lately on RubyTapas I've been publishing a deep dive into Ruby's peculiar Perl-style special variables. Last week I released an introduction to the special I/O variables, with a demonstration of how to use them for concise one-off text-munging from the command line.
Thanks for joining me for BRUNCH. See you next week!