Good morning, and happy Sunday! Here are some things I found interesting in the past week.
- READ: David MacIver with some hard truths about optimizing software.
- WATCH: The p5 intro video.
- LISTEN: To Scott Hanselman talking about parking karma on the >Code podcast.
- READ: Robert Martin on pragmatic functional programming (and Clojure).
- CHECK OUT: A new command-line shell called Elvish.
Today's title photo is “a salad for every occasion”, by Florin. The next title photo could be yours!
Meanwhile, here's what I've been up to…
- On RubyTapas, I explained how to use a software pattern that I think doesn't get enough airtime: the Prototype Pattern.
- On my software blog, wrote up a heuristic I use for classifying objects.
- I also told the story of one the most painful experiences of my software career: being put on a “personal improvement program”.
Thanks for joining me for BRUNCH. See you next week!