Good morning, and happy Sunday! Here are some things I found interesting in the past week.
- READ: A comparison of modern cloud databases, from Brandur Leach.
- CONSIDER: The importance of wording when writing code test-first.
- READ: About Microsoft's ongoing and remarkable open-source transformation.
- SCAN: Erik Dietrich's advice on how to talk to your buyers, if you develop software that you also sell.
- ENJOY: This story of an easter egg for one user.
Today's title photo is a stock image, but the next title photo could be yours!
What's new with me? Well, at RubyTapas, I've continued a long-running series on managing subprocesses with an exploration of how to pipe output from the current program into a “filter” program—all in pure cross-platform Ruby, no shell tricks required. Check it out!
Thanks for joining me for BRUNCH. See you next week!