Happy Sunday! Ready for some BRUNCH?
Here's what I've been reading:
- PONDER: The dangers of the wrong abstraction, via Sandi Metz.
- READ: A brief history of the select() system call.
- LEARN: Guidelines for beautiful errors.
Here's what I've been up to:
- I wrote a couple of articles on software entrepreneurship. One on the problems with looking for itches to scratch, and another expanding on why cheap services are unsustainable.
- I finished up a free email course on refactoring that I've been working on for a while. It (currently) consists of five and a half essays drawn from my experiences helping people improve their refactoring skills. You can sign up for it here.
- For RubyTapas subscribers, there's a new episode on making certain loops more expressive with the #cycle method.
Have a great week,