Happy Sunday! And for those who celebrate it, happy Easter!
Here’s what caught my eye over the week:
- REVIEW: the best summary I’ve seen of what it means for an API be RESTful in the full Fielding-thesis sense of the term, from Lauren Long.
- READ: Matt Blodgett on why it’s okay not to be the sort of programmer who re-implements search algorithms for funsies.
- SETTLE IN WITH: a (relatively) approachable explanation of how various programming languages deal with recursion, using tail-call optimization, continuation passing style, or trampolining. Via Eli Bendersky.
- CONSIDER: the holistic impact of technical decisions.
- ENJOY: a delightful short story about magic, a technical interview, Haskell, and type theory, from Kyle Kingsbury.
Today’s title photo is by Blaed Johnson, who is hoping to meet you all at RailsConf! Your photo could be next!
Here’s what I’ve been up to:
- For RubyTapas subscribers, I’ve added an episode about how for experienced developers, holding off on automation can be an unexpected superpower.
- For non-subscribers, there’s a new freebie from the archives! It’s about slimming down fat Rails controllers without bulking up models, through the use of domain model events.
Have a great week,