The leaves are starting to turn here in the foothills of the Smokies. The air outside has turned cool, but the RubyTapas kitchen is always toasty warm!
Here’s what’s new on the site since the last update.
I’ve updated the search functionality to be faster and smarter.
- You’ll now see search results start to appear as you type.
- The index is tweaked to prioritize episode numbers, so typing a number should usually bring that episode up as the first result.
- Irrelevant items (like pricing pages) should no longer appear in the results.
Want to get RubyTapas for your whole team? Team accounts are once again available. (They had been unavailable while we were making the big 1.0-to-2.0 switch).
From time to time I receive suggestions to expand coverage to languages other than just Ruby. I wrote a blog post laying out my response, and talking a little bit about future plans. Short version: you may eventually see content that goes beyond Ruby, but the focus is will be more on applying design insights and less on specific technologies. Read the whole post for more explanation.
In the queue
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s cooking for the next few weeks:
- A deep dive into class membership tests (for those rare occasions when duck-typing isn’t enough)
- Explanations of singleton classes, and how that relates to class methods
- The next installment of the subprocesses series
- …and much more, absolutely none of it pumpkin-spice flavored.
And that’s it for this month!