I’m going to write a longer post about this soon, but here’s the short and sweet version:
Say hello to to RubyTapas 2.0.
It’s been a long time in coming, but this is (hopefully) the RubyTapas experience you’ve asked for and deserved.
- Yes, you can stream videos right from the site.
- Yes, the scripts are right there with the videos, complete with beautifully highlighted code listings.
- Yes, there are categories and tags and full-text search.
- Yes, I will now be able to easily deliver stuff you’ve asked for, like “where to start” lists.
- Yes, there is now a forums section where you can suggest topics.
There’s a lot to talk about here, and I’ll be posting more in the coming days. There’s a whole new pricing model. There are one or two features that haven’t made the jump. There’s also a lot of work yet to be done.
Most notably, in the coming days we’ll be working on a solution for porting “legacy” accounts to the new site. If you’re already a subscriber, keep an eye on your inbox. There’s some more information in this FAQ item.
If you’re new here, and have no idea what I’m talking about, have a look at the About page.
I’m excited. This has been a looooong time in coming. I hope you like what you see.
As always: happy hacking!